WHAT IS KYDEX AND HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY NEW KYDEX PRODUCT?
Kydex is a thermoplastic originally made in 1965 for use in aircraft interiors. In the late 1960s people realized that Kydex sheets can be molded and manipulated into any number of shapes, by heating and molding around forms. Today it is used in a wide variety of applications from safety helmets to truck fenders. Kydex is a great replacement for leather due to its waterproof, scratch resistant, and low maintenance properties. It holds its shape and will not stretch or shrink unless forced. To maintain your new Kydex product, clean with warm water as needed, and always inspect your holster, belt clips, and hardware prior to use.
WHAT IS LEAD TIME? WHEN AND HOW OFTEN DOES IT CHANGE?
Our lead time is always posted at the very top of our home page screen. Lead time is the estimated window of time that I can comfortably guarantee your order will get through production. I assess this time frame every day and make changes accordingly. Here are some things that can and will effect and extend lead times: when I receive a large dealer order, major holidays, an unforeseen circumstance such as a sick family member, and my one time per year family vacation.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I DON'T SEE MY EXACT GUN OR LIGHT MODEL/SUB-MODEL ON THE DROP DOWN LIST?
If you do not see your exact gun or light model/sub-model in the drop down list please send us an email. We might have the model you need but due to some special considerations we want to speak with you first before your order is placed. Do not order a different model/sub-model than what you have. We do not accept returns for custom orders that are placed incorrectly. The molding process is exact to your item so this is important!
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?
While we love to hear from our customers, receiving calls and messages about order production and shipping times can really slow things down. Please try to be patient and give me the lead time period posted to create your custom holster. Most of the time I am able to build and ship faster than expected, so I'm pretty sure that you will end up happy with our shipping speeds. When your order is almost complete, you will get a shipping notification email to let you know that your product(s) are going to be sent out very soon. The email will contain a tracking number. To obtain more shipping details please read our Shipping Policy.
HOW DO I CANCEL OR MODIFY MY ORDER?
We give our customers 24 hours from the time an order is placed to cancel that order free of charge. After 24 hours, and prior to shipping, we charge a $25 service fee. If you need to cancel or modify an order send an email to email@example.com and please include your order number in the subject line.
For returns see our Return Policy.
DO YOU OFFER A WARRANTY?
We do offer a lifetime warranty on the materials and workmanship to the primary owner of all our Kydex products. This warranty is contingent upon inspection of the product so that we can confirm an error on our part or a belt clip/hardware malfunction. Modifications to our products voids this warranty. Please save your invoice to reference the order number for any warranty claims. See our Warranty Policy page for more information.
DO YOU HAVE PROMOTIONS OR COUPON CODES?
Yes! About 4 times a year we have a store-wide sale. When we do, we make our coupon codes public through our Facebook and Instagram pages. Follow us on either of these social media platforms to learn about our sales as soon as they start.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE INSIDER AND THE GRAB & GO HOLSTERS?
The difference between the two holsters is the front cut.
The Insider has an even front cut on both sides of the holster opening providing equal sided slide coverage. A benefit to having equal sided slide coverage is if you appendix carry, and have a belly, this will help with the conceal-ability by keeping the slide/firearm in place and held in tighter against your body.
The Grab & Go holster has body side slide coverage only. This gives the user a slightly easier reholstering experience by having a lower front cut to the side opposite the body. Many people prefer to use this model for strong side carry.
Both holsters are great for everyday carry. The holster you choose comes down to personal preference and intended use. No matter what model you go with I highly encourage you to practice. Effortless but with care is the goal - smooth delivery, smooth recovery.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SWEAT SHIELD HEIGHTS?
The half slide coverage sweat shield is by far our most commonly chosen option for this category. In our opinion, it is also the most comfortable and the one I wear as well. There are some experienced customers that do prefer the full or no sweat shield options and find them more comfortable. If you are on the fence about which choice to make, we can always take away but we can't add... you may want to start with the full and we can go from there.
WHAT MOUNTING OPTION SHOULD I CHOOSE?
We recommend using the proper hardware for the right application and to wear them the way that the manufacturer intended them to be worn. All of our mounting options are designed to be worn on a belt except for the Ulti-Clip XL.
- FOMI QUICK CLIP: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Ride Height and Cant
- GCODE INCOG CLIP: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Ride Height - For appendix carry
- OVERMOLD CLIP: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Ride Height - For appendix carry
- SOFT LOOP: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Cant 360° - Must be worn with a belt
- TUCKABLE STRUT W/ SOFT LOOP: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Ride Height and Cant 360° - Must be worn with a belt
- ULTI-CLIP XL: Adjustable Ride Height and Cant - Tuckable - Designed to wear without a belt but can be worn with a belt. Fits thin materials like leggings or thicker materials like jeans
- ANGLED BELT LOOPS: Made to fit 1.5" - 2" belts - Adjustable Cant
- FOMI QUICK CLIP FOR MAG CARRIERS: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Non-Adjustable
- MOLLE-LOK: For all MOLLE applications
- PADDLE: Made to fit up to 2" belts - Adjustable Ride Height and Cant
- RTI HANGER: Fits any GCODE mounting platform
- SPEED CLIPS: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Ride Height - Must order exact size clips for the exact size belt being used or they will not fit correctly
- TEK-LOK: Made to fit 1.5" - 2.25" belts - Adjustable Cant - Most commonly used for police duty belts or competition set ups
- TEK-LOK DROP/OFF SET: Made to fit 1.5" - 2.25" belts - Adjustable Cant - Drops holster down 2" from belt and off sets butt of the gun - Most commonly used for police duty belts or competition set ups
ATACs COLOR PATTERNS ($5):
CARBON FIBER COLOR PATTERNS ($3):
HEXCAM COLOR PATTERNS ($5):
KRYPTEK COLOR PATTERNS ($5):
RANDOM PATTERNS ($5):
RANDOM PATTERNS ($10):